Sunshine

Sunshine

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Day




I had a great Mother's Day



First off I got woken up at 6:24, then at 6:50, then again at 7:14. ( I went to bed around 2 am)
At this time I just stayed up. Don was at work so I needed to get up and make sure the little monster was being good. 

So Saturday night I got a long talk from Abigail about how she is going to have me stay in bed and she is going to bring me breakfast in bed. SWEET! 


At about 7:30 am Abigail tells me to stay in bed and she will be back. I hear all the commotion in the kitchen and I am actually looking forward to whatever I am getting for breakfast. Abigail comes in (empty handed) and tells me to come to the kitchen, she is ready. Well I walk into the kitchen expecting either a bowl of cereal or a box of cereal all over the floor. But nope the kiddo had gotten all the needed items for me to cook her french toast. She is excited and tells me it is all ready for me as she runs to my room climbs in my bed and turns on Netflix...

LOVE HER

So yes we both enjoyed french toast for breakfast

The day goes S  L  O  W. I am dragging. Abigail is ready to run a marathon. About 1 I decided I better get her busy so I got her Birthday money out she has been saving and we headed to Toys R Us. We went through every isle. I wished I was a kid. She picked out what she wanted and we headed home. And YES she lets me take a 25 minute nap!
Here is what she purchased... Of all the toys she could have picked from! I let her buy what she wanted and tried to not put my nose in it. 



 When Dad got home from work they took me to one of my favorite places. Bonsai Steakhouse. 
Abigail gave me my Mothers Day present. It was a cute card that sings  Isley Brothers "It's your thing" and a beautiful Bromeliad plant. I love plants! 

Don got me a funny card (Abby picked it out for him) and a pair of the most beautiful earrings with Abigail's birthstones in them. Aquamarine So pretty!




As always I am spoiled. 
After my rant about Mothers Day... It is not that I do not love Mothers Day. I do. I just hope I do practice what I preach and remind those that are important to me how much they mean to me more then a few days a year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment