Sunshine

Sunshine

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ketchikan

I am in love....


 I could try to but I can not put into words the feeling I got when I walked outside and seen the mountains of Alaska. I was flooded by emotions. Most of all I had a ache in my heart that felt so deep.  I had a few moments of trying to keep the tears from falling. This was it.... we are here. How I longed for my dad to be there with us more then ever.

One thing I have realized is that pictures do not due justice.
Ketchikan was beautiful. It was foggy most of the day, rained, was cold, and did I already say beautiful?

We went on a sight seeing tour. It was not as great as I thought it would be but hey we got to see more of Ketchikan on this tour then we would have seen walking around.










We went to a Salmon hatchery, Totem Heritage Center, and seen a lot of Bald Eagles while on a tour to see wildlife. We didn't get to view any bears or whales but it was still exciting to watch all the eagles.  After the tour we did some shopping and had some fresh salmon tacos at a local pub. Delicious.

At the end of the day we were very exhausted but very anxious for the next port.

No comments:

Post a Comment